Pledging an eclectic mixture of classic and contemporary, the Lantern Theatre has for over sixteen years been a Philadelphia beacon for area premieres by intellectual playwrights like David Hare and Harold Pinter, alongside bold re-imaginings of classic works by Shakespeare, Moliere and Anton Chekov. Winner of the 2009 Barrymore Award for “Committed Excellence in Theatre Education and Community Service,” the company is as well regarded for its In Conversation talk back series and Illumination program for local students, as for being the “most consistent producer of the Bard’s works” in Philadelphia.
Lantern Theater Company Information
- Public Transportation: Excellent (easily accessible by way of SEPTA buses, subways, trains, and NJ PATCO)
- Handicapped Accessibility: Fair/Poor (not wheelchair accessible, but can accommodate other special needs)
- Performances/Programs: Performance schedule is Wednesday–Sunday
- Ticket Prices: $20–$50, $20–$40 for seniors and full-time students, group discounts available for parties of 12 or more
- Subscriptions: $72–$160, students and seniors $72–$120. A La Carte (four-ticket flex package) is $128, $120 for students and seniors. Benefits include unlimited ticket exchanges, ticket discounts for friends, and free ticket insurance.