Celebrating its 30th season in 2010, Light Opera Works promises “great music, great stories, great shows.” A resident, professional, not-for-profit company, LOW has offered more than 100 productions in the 1,000-seat Cahn Auditorium and the company’s 250-seat Second Stage venue. Shows have ranged from European and American operettas to classic and contemporary American musicals such as South Pacific, My Fair Lady, A Little Night Music, and Ragtime, along with popular revues (Side by Side by Sondheim, Tintypes) and a number of rarities (Knickerbocker Holiday, Utopia Limited).
Light Opera Works Information
- Venues: Mainstage, Cahn Auditorium, 600 Emerson, Evanston; Second Stage, 1420 Maple, Evanston
- Public Transportation: Good
- Handicapped Accessibility: Good
- Performances/Programs: Schedule varies, with most shows Friday–Sunday, but some shows on weekdays
- Ticket Prices: Mainstage shows $29–$85 for single tickets, Second Stage shows $24–$39; tickets are half-price for 21 and younger
- Subscriptions: Four-Show subscription packages are $98–$269, Three-Show and Two-Show subscriptions also available.