What began as a community orchestra in 1935 has grown into a professional ensemble of over 80 musicians. The music of Brahms, Dvorák, Gershwin, and Elton John are counted among the orchestra’s repertoire; Pre-Concert Talks are free for concertgoers. The LBSO is firmly invested in its service to young people in the community, with special performances at Miller Children’s Hospital, the Side-By-Side mentorship program for high school musicians, and its extensive volunteer opportunities for students.
Long Beach Symphony Information
- Venues: The Terrace Theater and Long Beach Arena, both located at the Long Beach Performing Arts Center
- Public Transportation: Very Good (within a short walk from the Metro Blue Line at the 1st Street Station, and several Long Beach Transit bus lines at and around the Long Beach Performing Arts Center)
- Handicapped Accessibility: Good
- Performances/Programs: Six Classics Series concerts; six performances and five programs for the Symphony POPS! Series, two performances of a Concert for Young People
- Ticket Prices: Depending on event, prices range from $33–$61 or $75–$79
- Subscriptions: Classics Series ($120–$405) and Orchestra POPS! ($99–$535). Benefits include free ticket exchange; a Dining Discount Card; free tickets for guests (2 guests to one concert); reduced season parking prices; and subscriber-only events
- College Connection (student pass): College students in Southern California can experience all six Classics concerts, one Pops concert, invitation to a pre-concert party and more for $35
- Membership Levels: There are two donor groups, Applause members andConductor’s Circle members. The Applause levels are Friend ($150), Donor ($300), Supporter ($600), and Patron ($900). Benefits are tiered with every member receiving an invitation to the annual Applause donor reception; recognition in all 12 concert program books throughout the season; an invitation to the Annual Meeting of the Long Beach Symphony Association; and a special commemorative thank you gift. The Conductor’s Circle levels are Bronze Circle ($1,200), Silver Circle ($2,500), Gold Circle ($5,000), Platinum Circle ($7,500), and Medallion Society ($10,000+). Benefits are tiered with every member receiving recognition as a Conductor’s Circle member in all Long Beach Symphony Orchestra concert programs and on the website; a complimentary VIP parking pass for Classics and Symphony POPS! concerts; invitations to post-concert Conductor’s Circle receptions with the musicians following each Classics concert; early admittance (6:25 p.m.) through the reserved Conductor’s Circle entrance to all Long Beach Arena Symphony POPS! concerts; and an invitation to the annual Conductor’s Circle “Season Kick-off” musicale and reception.