Lookingglass was founded in 1988 by a group of college graduates who wished to create a process-driven theatre company and a unique theatrical experience for the public. The troupe’s signature approach to theater involves long-term dedication to the play development process and the presentation of work in a theatre with a stage and seating that can be reconfigured according to the needs of each production. To date, Lookingglass has offered 50 world premieres and has received 42 Jefferson Awards and citations. Productions of note have ranged from The Brothers Karamazov to 1984 to Our Town. The company is also known for its education and outreach programs.
Lookingglass Theatre Information
- Public Transportation: Good
- Handicapped Accessibility: Good
- Performances/Programs: Performances Wednesday–Sunday (occasional Tuesday)
- Ticket Prices: $25–$60, groups save 20%; for some shows, a limited number of $15 tickets for children under 12 available to subscribers (limit four per subscriber)
- Subscriptions: Three-Play season ranges from $81 to $162; special Family-Series subscription includes classes and activities for children while parents enjoy the performance. Benefits include unlimited free ticket exchanges and discounts on classes.