This vital choral music organization is actually comprised of two chamber ensembles. Founded in 1990, the 24-member mixed chorus known as the Chamber Singers focuses on the performance of contemporary a cappella choral music by American composers, and Los Angeles composers in particular.
In suitable contrast, Cappella is a smaller group dedicated to performing sacred music from the Medieval and Renaissance periods. The early music choir, which takes a particular interest in the interpretation of 18th century American colonial music as well as the music of 1600s colonial Mexico, won a 2006 Grammy–Best Small Ensemble Performance—for its recording, Padilla, Sun of Justice. It’s clear that this twofold choral company knows its niche.
Los Angeles Chamber Singers & Cappella Information
- Public Transportation: Varies based on venue
- Handicapped Accessibility: Please contact venue for accessibility info
- Ticket Prices: General admission $25, advance purchase $20, students and seniors $15
- Group Discounts: Discounts available for groups of 10 or more
- Subscriptions: Available, inquire for prices through website.