Since its founding in 1952, Louisville Ballet has presented approximately 70 world-premiere ballets and has accumulated a repertoire of over 150 works from choreographers such as Anthony Tudor, Kurt Jooss, José Limón, and Paul Taylor, among many others. It is also the only regional ballet company with which Mikhail Baryshnikov has performed in repertory performances. Grounded in the classical tradition, the company performs several full-length ballets each year and are usually accompanied live by the Louisville Orchestra. In addition to their yearly series, they present an annual holiday production of The Brown-Foreman Nutcracker.
Louisville Ballet Information
- Public Transportation: Fair
- Handicapped Accessibility: Yes
- Performance/Programs: Performances on Fridays and Saturdays, with an expanded schedule for the annual Nutcracker.
- Admission: Single tickets are $25-$95.
- Subscription/Memberships: Subscriptions are $75-$285. Subscriber benefits include no-charge ticket exchanges, subscriber-only programs, and access to additional tickets at a discount.