Lyric Opera Baltimore’s inaugural season in 2011-12 coincides with renovations and technical improvements made to the Patricia and Arthur Modell Performing Arts Center at the Lyric. This, the first opera season at the Lyric since 2008 will feature performances of Verdi’s La Traviata, Mozart’s Le Nozze di Figaro, and Gounod’s Faust.
Lyric Opera Baltimore Information
- Public Transportation: Very Good (a short walk from MTA bus 11 at Maryland Avenue/Oliver Street; a 3-minute walk from buses 3, 11, 21, 61, 64, and 410 at Charles Street/Preston Street; and 5-minute walk from MARC trains, the light rail, Charm City Circulator Purple bus line, and Amtrak trains at Penn Station)
- Handicapped Accessibility: Good
- Performances/Programs: 3 per season with multiple performances of each
- Ticket Prices: $48–$145 depending on seat selection
- Subscriptions: 3-show subscription $99–$360, with prices varying by seat selection
- Membership: Patron ($50–$249); Supporter ($250–$499); Sustainer ($500–$999); Rosa Ponselle Council ($1,000–$2,499); Benefactor ($2,500–$4,999); Principal ($5,000–$9,999); Director ($10,000–$24,999); Maestro ($25,000+). Benefits are tiered with every member receiving recognition in performance programs and discounts to area restaurants
- Other Benefits: At the Sustainer level ($500–$999) members receive two passes to a Dress Rehearsal performance. At the Rosa Ponselle Council level ($1,000–$2,499) members receive admittance to one intermission reception and invitations to pre-performance dinners/brunches. At the Principal level ($5,000–$9,999) members receive an invitation to a private backstage tour.