Lyric Opera of Chicago offers performances by the finest vocal artists in the world in productions of gorgeous spectacle. In addition to its repertoire of traditional favorites, Lyric has a great history of supporting and promoting contemporary opera, most recently with the premiere of William Bolcom’s A Wedding, and a new production of Berg’s Lulu. With over 30,000 subscribers and an attendance rate that has averaged at 100% for over 20 years, Lyric Opera of Chicago is the envy of the American opera world.
- Public Transportation: Very good
- Handicapped Accessibility: Good
- Performances/Programs: Eight per season with multiple performances of each plus special concerts and events such as Operathon, the Opera Ball, and Discovery Series discussions
- Ticket Prices: Prices vary depending on date, time, performances, and seats. Student tickets are available for $20 to select performances. Students must sign up as a NEXT member online to be eligible
- Group Discounts: Discounts available for groups of 15 or more
- Subscriptions: 4–8 opera subscriptions available starting at $96 for four operas, $192 for all eight, with prices based on date, time, seats, and number of performances selected. Payment plan options available. Subscriber benefits include up to 32% savings over single ticket prices, ticket exchanges, free pre-opera lectures, and invites to special events
- Membership: Available from $50–$100,000+. Depending upon amount donated, benefits include merchandise discounts, invites to special events and parties, dress rehearsal passes, and even Lyric Opera voting membership ($500+).