Mad Cow Theatre began in 1997 with the production of two shows by a group of actors/directors in a former blueprint studio in Maitland, Florida. Now located in downtown Orland, the theater presents both classic and contemporary plays and musicals. Past seasons have included such works as Chekhov’s The Cherry Orchard, Ionesco’s The Chairs, Lanford Wilson’s Burn This, Tennessee Williams’ The Glass Menagerie, Beth Henley’s Crimes of the Heart, Jones and Schmidt’s The Fantasticks, and Stephen Sondheim’s Company and Sweeney Todd. In addition, for the past nine years, Mad Cow Theatre has produced the annual Orlando Cabaret Festival, which attracts some of the world’s finest cabaret talent for three weeks of lunchtime and evening shows and festivities. (MP)
- Public Transportation: Good (a short walk from LYNX buses 3, 7, 11, 13, 18, 40, 51, and 313 at Orange Avenue/East Pine Street)
- Handicapped Accessibility: Good
- Performances/Programs: 10 shows per season with multiple performances of each including the annual Orlando Cabaret Festival
- Ticket Prices: $15–$32 depending on event and date selection. Wednesdays are Pay-What-You-Wish performances
- Subscriptions: Ultimate Passport Series ($400) 14 flex-tickets; Center Stage Series ($202) 10 flex-tickets; Stage Left Peak ($140) 6 flex-tickets; Stage Left Off-Peak ($130) 6 tickets for Thursday or Friday shows; Stage Left Monday Series ($90) 6 tickets for Monday shows; Stage Right Series ($81) 4 tickets. Depending on subscription, benefits include parking vouchers, priority reserved seating, complimentary beverages, and more.