(July 14 – August 12, 2012) Started in 1951 by pianist Rudolf Serkin, the chamber music festival Marlboro Music has been the summer home of collaboration between established leading musicians and young professionals. Highlighted composers have included Mozart, Schubert, Schumann, and Shostakovich. Festival participants have included members of the Beaux Arts and Eroica Trios, the Chamber Music Society of Lincoln Center, TASHI, the Takács, Tokyo, and Juilliard String Quartets, and cellist Yo-Yo Ma.
As a supplement to the summer festival proper, the Musicians from Marlboro touring groups present chamber music concerts during the other parts of the year, in various North American cities.
Marlboro Music Information:
- Public Transportation: Poor
- Handicapped Accessibility: Good
- Performances/Programs: Five weekend concerts
- Ticket Prices: $15 – $35; student/family discounts available for select concerts
- Annual Fund Drive Giving Levels: Donor ($300); Patron ($600); Sponsor ($1,000); Fellow ($1,500); Benefactor ($2,500); Sustainer ($5,000); Guarantor ($7,500).