The Master Chorale began in 2003 after the dissolution of the Florida Philharmonic Orchestra and its sister ensemble the Florida Philharmonic Chorus. Presenting three programs per year, the chorus collaborates with various orchestras to perform masterworks of the choral repertoire, Beethoven’s Missa Solemnis and Symphony No. 9, Mozart’s Requiem, and Benjamin Britten’s War Requiem among them; there are over 125 compositions in the Master Chorale catalog. Past collaborators include conductor Michael Tilson Thomas, tenor Andrea Bocelli, and the Empire Brass.
Master Chorale of South Florida Information
- Public Transportation: Varies by venue
- Handicapped Accessibility: Depends on venue, but generally good
- Performances/Programs: 3 programs per season with multiple performances of most
- Ticket Prices: $30 in advance, $35 at the door (students $10). Groups of 10 or more receive a 10% discount
- Membership: Donations of any amount are greatly appreciated.