Founded in 1972, this 50-member mixed chorus performs canonic works by a a wide variety of composers, from Palestrina and Bach to Brahms and Bernstein. Concert offerings include a sing-along of Handel’s Messiah and a series of concerts entitled “Collage,” in which various compositional mediums and artistic disciplines — including the string quartet, double-choir Renaissance Motet, and ballet — are featured.
Masterworks Chorale Information
- Venues: The Valentine Theatre (410 Adams Street), Rosary Cathedra (2535 Collingwood Blvd.), Epworth United Methodist Church (3077 Valleyview Drive)
- Public Transportation: Very good for The Valentine Theatre (a short walk from several TARTA buses at Adams Street/Summit Street). Other venues vary.
- Handicapped Accessibility: Depends on venue, but generally good
- Performances/Programs: Four programs, five performances per season.
- Ticket Prices: Each performance is priced individually, with tickets ranging from free to $25