Michigan Opera Theater offers the Detroit community the opportunity to hear some of the world’s biggest opera stars, such as Ruth Ann Swenson and Denyce Graves in a wonderful mixture of repertoire from Bel canto to Verismo, as well as contemporary pieces.
Opera Talks begin one hour prior to each performance, and are free to all ticket holders. Other special events such as The Insider’s Opera Experience, offer reduced admission to an open rehearsal, along with a tour of the Opera House and a Talk Back with the featured artists.
Michigan Opera Theater Information
- Public Transportation: Good (Shuttles are available to opera subscribers from locations in Troy and Dearborn to the opera house for select Sunday matinee performances)
- Handicapped Accessibility: Yes
- Performances/Programs: 5 productions per season; 30+ performances total
- Ticket Prices: Prices vary by date, time and performance selected.
- Subscriptions: Subscriptions are available. Special discounts are available to “first-timers” and those who commute over 80 miles to attend events. There is a Family Series discount available.
- Membership: Membership begins at $35. MOT donor members may receive invitations to special events, special discounts, cast-signed season poster and advanced ticket purchasing options. Admission to the General Director’s Circle begins with donations of $1000; benefits may include invitations to private dining with the director and artists, invitation to opera trips, and many complimentary services at the Michigan Opera House.