(July 19 – 29, 2012) As the name might suggest, this festival, established in 1974 by Music Director George Cleve, presents only the music of Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart. Featured works, performed by regional and guest artists, include selections from the operas Zaide and Idomeneo, the “Linz” Symphony [No. 36], and the Quintet for Piano and Winds. A widely respected Mozart interpreter, Cleve also directs the Mozart Youth Camerata. (DK)
Midsummer Mozart Festival Information
- Venues: Herbst Theater (401 Van Ness Avenue, San Francisco); Gundlach Bundschu Winery (2000 Denmark Street, Sonoma); First Congregational Church (2345 Channing Way, Berkeley); California Theatre (345 South First Street, San Jose)
- Public Transportation: Herbst Theater, First Congregational Church and the California Theatre are all easily accessible by several buses, light rail lines, and trains. The Gundlach Bundschu Winery is not easily accessible
- Handicapped Accessibility: Good at each venue
- Performances/Programs: 8 concerts per season, 2 at each venue
- Ticket Prices: Range from $30–$60 depending on seating selection. Students discounts are available
- Donors: Donations of any amount are greatly appreciated.