Since its inaugural performance in 1970, Milwaukee Ballet has made a conscientious effort to bring both classic and contemporary ballet works to local audiences. The company’s annual season is generally comprised of five productions totalling approximately thirty performances. These include popular story ballets and virtuosic abstract works in the fall and spring, the annual holiday Nutcracker throughout the month of December, and at least one world premiere by a contemporary choreographer. Milwaukee Ballet is also one of the few extremely fortunate dance companies in the country still able to maintain its own symphony orchestra.
Milwaukee Ballet Information
- Other Venue: The Pabst Theater (144 E. Wells St.)
- Public Transportation: Fair
- Handicapped Accessibility: Yes
- Admission: Single tickets are $16-$86. Half price tickets available for seniors (62+) and college students at the box office on the day of performance. Limited number of half price rush tickets sold at the box office during “rush hour” (Thursday-Saturday 4 to 6 p.m., and Sunday 12 to 1 p.m.).
- Discount Groups: Discounts available for groups of 10 or more.
- Subscription/Memberships: Full Season, Mini, and Family subscription packages available. Subscriber benefits include ticket exchange privileges, lost ticket replacement, discounts on additional tickets, and invitations to subscriber-only events. $220 Flex passes (four vouchers) also available.