Contributing to the multi-cultural spirit of the diverse Twin Cities arts scene, the Minnesota Jewish Theatre Company does its part by presenting a schedule of dramas and musicals exploring the many facets of Judaic culture. From uniquely centered historical works like Jason Robert Brown and Alfred Uhry’s musical Parade (about the Leo Frank murder trial) to Moonlight and Magnolias, the backstage story of David Selznick and the creation of “Gone with the Wind”, MJTC presents an appealing spectrum of projects designed to unite community interest.
Staged at the intimate 148 seat Hillcrest Center Theater, the company presents four mainstage shows yearly, as well as a lecture series (known as Doorways) and Wellsprings, a new play program developing debut works highlighting the Jewish experience.
Minnesota Jewish Theatre Company Information
- Public Transportation: Good
- Handicapped Accessibility: Good
- Performances/Programs: Performance schedule varies a bit, but generally Wednesday through Sunday
- Ticket Prices: $18–$26, student Rush tickets $12, discounts available for groups of 10 or more
- Subscriptions: Three-Show subscriptions are $51–$72. Benefits include ticket exchanges.