Miracle Theatre — also known by the Spanish translation of its name, “Teatro Milagro” – is billed as the only Hispanic theater company in the Pacific Northwest. Founded in 1985, the company is based in Portland, but its productions often tour regionally and nationally.
MT is a three-pronged operation: the Miracle Mainstage features English language shows at the company’s home theater in southeast Portland; Teatro Milagro, the international touring company, presents bilingual English/Spanish productions; and the multidisciplinary company Bellas Artes stages community-based events such as the annual Dia le Los Muertos (“Day of the Dead”) festival, and runs educational programs.
Miracle Theatre Group Information
- Public Transportation: Fair (#6 bus to SE Grand & Oak)
- Handicapped Accessible: Yes
- Performance/Programs: Approximately 5 productions per season (approximately 65 total performances).
- Ticket Prices: Varied ($12-25), depending on event, date and seating choice, with discounts for advance purchase.
- Subscriptions: Several season ticket packages available ($69-99); ‘Anytime’ flex subscriptions allow admission to 3-5 events at any date. Additional packages include Thursday previews, Sunday matinees, and a Student/Senior discount flex pass good for all 5 productions.