The Mississippi Chorus began with a call for singers to augment Crossgates United Methodist Church’s 1989 performance of Handel’s “Messiah.” The overwhelming response precipitated the creation of a community choir that would eventually become today’s ensemble. The Chorus frequently appears as a guest ensemble with the Mississippi Symphony and performs its own concerts of choral masterworks and new pieces, as well as the occasional popular song. Season tickets are available for a portion of the concerts or for the entire season and ticket prices are generally quite reasonable. (The higher end tickets are usually for performances in conjunction with the Symphony.)
Mississippi Chorus Information
- Public Transportation: Varies by venue
- Handicapped Accessibility: Depends on venue
- Performances/Programs: 8 concerts per season
- Ticket Prices: $15–$30
- Subscriptions: Season tickets are available, and range from $54–$123
- Donations: Quarter-Note ($100–$249); Half-Note ($250–$499); Whole-Note ($500–$999); Major Chord ($1,000–$2,499); Full Score ($2,500–$4,999); Mixed Chorus ($5,000–$9,999); Conductors Circle ($10,000–$24,999); Founders Circle ($25,000+).