Moonlight Stage Productions is located in Vista, a northern suburb of San Diego. As the cultural arts program of Vista’s Recreation and Community Services Department, it presents shows at two venues: the Moonlight Amphitheatre in Brengle Terrace Park, and the AVO Playhouse in Vista Village.
In the amphitheatre, the company offers Broadway musicals under the stars during the summer months. In the AVO, it offers a diverse line-up of comedies, dramas, and small-scale musicals during the winter. Recent productions have ranged from Les Misérables, The Phantom of the Opera, and 42nd Street to The Foreigner, Ring Round the Moon, and Driving Miss Daisy.
Moonlight Stage Productions Information
- Venues: Moonlight Amphitheatre (1200 Vale Terrace Drive, Vista), AVO Playhouse (303 Main Street, Vista)
- Public Transportation: Fair for Moonlight Amphitheatre (a 1-minute walk from bus 334 at Ponderosa Dr./Vale Terrace). Good for AVO Playhouse (a 5-minute walk from buses 302, 303, 305, 306, 332, 333, 334, and 335, and the SPRINTER at the Vista Transit Center)
- Handicapped Accessibility: Good for both venues
- Performances/Programs: Approximately six productions per season, with 15–20 performances of each
- Ticket Prices: $22–$50 for single tickets. $15 student rush tickets available 30 minutes prior to each performance
- Group Discounts: Groups of 20 more receive discounts of up to 25%, plus one free ticket per 20 paid tickets
- Subscriptions: Winter season tickets are $72. Summer season tickets range from $81–$143 (depending on seating), with a flex option for $90.