MUSE: Cincinnati’s Women’s Chorus is a combination chorus and activist group, lending its voice to a variety of social and ethical causes. The 60-member ensemble is led by Catherine Roma, who has led the ensemble since 1984. Over its 25+ year history, the choir has collaborated with a number of other ensembles and frequently commissions new works by contemporary composers. MUSE has released three records of eclectic choral music available through its website. The Chorus’ schedule is also listed on the website as well as information on donating to the organizations Therese Edell Commissioned Composer Fund, which supports MUSE’s commission program.
MUSE: Cincinnati Women’s Chorus Information
- Venues: St. John’s Unitarian Universalist Church, Boone County Library, College Hill Coffee Company
- Public Transportation: Varies depending on venue.
- Handicapped Accessibility: Varies depending on venue.
- Performance/Programs: Approx. 10 programs each season, 30 performances
- Ticket Prices: $0-20
- Group Discounts: Depends on venue/concert.
- Membership: Yes. Members are acknowledged in concert programs.