MOCA Jacksonville’s permanent collection, which focuses on art from 1960 to the present, is made up of 800 works that represent a diverse array of media, including painting, photography, sculpture, and printmaking. Robert Rauschenberg, Alexander Calder, Hans Hoffman, and Helen Frankenthaler are among the distinguished contemporary artists represented in the collection. The ArtExplorium Loft brings modern art alive for children with interactive stations that allow hands-on exploration, and the museum’s five exhibition galleries provide fresh art experiences for frequent grown-up visitors. The MOCA also hosts lectures, a film series, artist studio tours, and the monthly Art Walk.
Museum of Contemporary Art Information
Museum of Contemporary Art, Jacksonville
- PPublic Transportation: Fair (somewhat accessible by bus)
- Handicapped Accessibility: Yes
- Hours: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday, and Saturday; 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. Thursday; noon to 4 p.m. Sunday; closed Mondays, New Year’s Day, Martin Luther King Day, President’s Day, Memorial Day, July 3 & 4, Labor Day, Veterans Day, Thanksgiving and day after, Christmas Eve, and Christmas Eve Day
- Admission: $8 for adults; $5 for seniors (60+), students, and military; free for members, UNF students, and children under 2
- Free Days: Free for families (i.e. children under the age of 18 and accompanying adults) on Sundays; free Wednesday evenings (5-9 p.m.) for Artwalk; free for college students with ID Tuesday-Friday from 1:30-4 p.m.
- Subscription/Memberships: Memberships start at $50 (only $30 for students, educators, and seniors). Member benefits include free general admission, invitations to members-only exhibition preview receptions and special events, 10% shop discount, discounts to MOCA Underground and special events, and discounted rates for summer art camp and studio art classes
- Other Benefits: At the $250 membership level, you also qualify for a reciprocal membership to 200 other museums in North America.