The Nashville Symphony began in 1945. Today, the orchestra is a respected institution in the South with numerous recordings and an armload of Grammys to go with them, as well as a busy performance schedule. Several levels of season tickets and a “Compose-Your-Own” package are available with many discounts and benefits. The Symphony also puts on a number of educational programs for schoolchildren and adults alike during its season.
Nashville Symphony Orchestra Information
- Public Transportation: Good
- Handicapped Accessibility: Yes
- Performance/Programs: Over 100 performances are presented annually featuring classical and pops programs. The NSO also periodically offers “Evening With …” concerts featuring acclaimed musicians from the world of jazz and popular music.
- Admission: Varies based on program.
- Subscription/Memberships: Sun Trust’s Classical Series, Bank of America’s Pops Series, and a “Compose Your Own” option consisting of three, four, or five concerts are available. Subscriber benefits include flexible ticket exchanges, free parking, and invitations to exclusive season ticket holder events.