Nebraska Repertory Theatre is the professional, Actors’ Equity Association-affiliated performance component of the Johnny Carson School of Theatre and Film, Hixson-Lied College of Fine and Performing Arts, at the University of Nebraska–Lincoln. The company operates under a University/Resident Theatre contract, and is the only one of its kind in the state.
NRT seeks to present quality theater for the local population while providing professional opportunities for students and faculty members in collaboration with artists-in-residence. Recent productions have included Jordan Harrison’s Act a Lady, Theresa Rebeck’s Mauritius, Charlotte Jones’s Humble Boy, David Sedaris’s The Santaland Diaries, and the musical Souvenir: A Fantasia on the Life of Florence Foster Jenkins.
Nebraska Repertory Theatre Information
- Venues: Howell Memorial Theatre and Studio Theatre (both located on 1st Floor of Temple Building at 12th & R Streets on the UNL campus); Lab theatre (3rd floor of Temple Building).
- Public Transportation: Accessible by bus
- Handicapped Accessibility: Yes
- Admission: Tickets are $20; $18 for faculty, staff, seniors, and military; and $10 for students/OLLI.
- Subscription/Memberships: Season passes available. A season pass allows unlimited attendance to all three NRT production, plus one free admission to each Destinations performance.