Founded in 1967, the Nevada Opera presents a few operas a year at the Pioneer Center for the Performing Arts under the baton of artistic director Michael Borowitz. They also offer an annual “Jukebox Opera” evening in the fall, a night of drinks and dining accompanied by opera company members singing highlights from various operas and hits from Broadway.
Nevada Opera Information
- Public Transportation: Fair (accessible by bus)
- Handicapped Accessibility: Yes
- Performances/Programs: Performances are on Fridays and Sundays
- Admission: Single tickets are $27-$86
- Subscriptions: Season subscriptions available. Subscriber benefits include 10% savings on additional tickets, priority seating, and ticket exchange privileges
- Memberships: Nevada Opera Guild memberships include monthly potluck dinners that include special guests and presentations, free attendance at dress rehearsals, discounted tickets to Opera and Guild functions in exchange for volunteer work, name listed in the Opera program, and special event invitations.