A forward-thinking troupe aimed at developing new works, New Jersey Repertory Company is the rare professional theatre to annually produce a full season focused primarily on world premiere stagings. With over 300 readings and 73 mainstage productions under its belt, in its brief thirteen year history NJRC has developed works that have gone on to larger life regionally and throughout the country. Housed in a cozy space in Long Branch, productions at New Jersey Repertory are intimate and the production values modest, but the artistic scope is big, with half a dozen or more plays receiving their debut performance each year. In 2010, NJRC marked its first Off-Broadway transfer with an acclaimed production of Alan Brody’s The Housewives of Mannheim. Other notable works receiving their launch on NJ Rep’s stages include Zina Camblin’s And Her Hair Went With Her and Carter W. Lewis’ Evie’s Waltz.
New Jersey Repertory Company Information
- Public Transportation: Fair (requires 10-minute walk or cab ride from train station)
- Handicapped Accessible: Yes
- Hours: Performance schedule is Thursday through Sunday
- Admission: Single tickets are $35 – $60. Discounts available for seniors (65+) and full-time students 17-25. Discounts available for groups of 10 or more
- Membership/Subscriptions: Pay an annual fee of $180 (or $15 per month) and see up to seven plays
- Other Benefits: Subscriber benefits include ability to see a play multiple times, a reduced rate for special performances, free admission to play readings, and free exchanges