The New Mexico Jazz Festival is a relative newcomer to the U.S. jazz festival circuit (it was founded in 2006), but has quickly shown its savvy in presenting some of the most exciting jazz artists alive today. It lasts for two weeks at the end of July of each year, with a performance almost every night of the festival, in the stark beauty of the desert in both Santa Fe and Albuquerque.
In addition to live music, the festival features presentations by local artists and authors of work that relates to the performance or history of jazz. Notable past performers have included Sonny Rollins, Cassandra Wilson, Kenny Garrett, and Pharaoh Sanders.
The Festival is a collaborative effort between Santa Fe’s Outpost Performance Space, Santa Fe Performing Arts Center, and the Santa Fe jazz foundation, all non-profit organizations.
New Mexico Jazz Festival Information
- Public Transportation: Varies by venue.
- Handicapped Accessibility: Varies by venue.
- Venues: The Outpost Performance Space (210 Yale SE, Albuqurque), The Lensic Arts Center
- Performances/Programs: Around 10 artists featured each festival.
- Ticket Prices: Ticket prices vary and are available close to the festival date. Outpost and Lensic Members receive at discount of 5%. Purchases of tickets to 3 or more concerts receive a 10% discount (15% for venue members and students).