The New Orleans Ballet Association (NOBA) is the Gulf Coast region’s premiere promoter and organizer dedicated strictly to dance. Since incorporating in 1969, it has made great strides in advancing the practice of and appreciation for the art form. The organization has been recognized by a plethora of national arts organizations as a model for excellence in performance, education, and community leadership. Among other honors, it was named in 2005 a Kennedy Center Partner in Education.
NOBA’s activities are divided into two components: Main Stage, its annual performance season, features a number of world-class professional companies; Education Programsprovide dance training and awareness through nationally-acclaimed comprehensive programs. NOBA has reached over 25,000 New Orleans area dance enthusiasts, providing 2,500 free dance classes and workshops at ten locations throughout the New Orleans area.
New Orleans Ballet Association Information
- Venues: Freda Lupin Memorial Hall (NOCCA Institute), Mahalia Jackson Theater of the Performing Arts
- Public Transportation: Good (venues are accessible by bus)
- Handicapped Accessibility: Good at both venues
- Performances/Programs: Approximately six productions per season, with 1-3 performances of each
- Ticket Prices: Vary ($20-80) depending on event, venue and seating choice
- Subscriptions/Membership: Three season ticket options are available: Grand Plus Series ($154-490; features all season productions), Grand Series ($68-424; features four select productions), and Build-a-Series.