This transplanted early music orchestra has made Atlanta its home since relocating from London, where its Artistic Director, conductor, and harpsichordist Predrag Gosta founded the ensemble in 1998. Performing exclusively on period instruments from the Baroque era, the group focuses on bringing to light the music of the 17th and 18th centuries. New Trinity performs at St. Bartholomew’s Episcopal Church, often in conjunction with a chamber choir. Performances are paired with free “Pre-Concert Talks” featuring musicologists and ensemble musicians.
Under the auspices of the international Early Music Network, NTB has found its niche in Atlanta as a beacon for the music of Bach, Monteverdi, Handel, Corelli, Vivaldi, and more. 2003 was a particularly advantageous year for the ensemble, both as a semi-finalist in the Concert Artists Guild International Competition in New York and as presenters at the renowned Boston Early Music Festival.
New Trinity Baroque Information
- Other Venues: The Cathedral of Saint Philip, 2744 Peachtree Road NW, Atlanta; Oxford College of Emory University, 100 Hamill Street, Oxford; Spivey Hall, Clayton State University, 2000 Clayton State Blvd., Morrow; Robert E. Parilla Performing Arts Center, Montgomery College, 51 Mannakee St., Rockville, MD
- Public Transportation: Depends on venue
- Handicapped Accessibility: Good
- Performances/Programs: Five programs per season
- Ticket Prices: $29–$39. Students w/ID receive discounted tickets of $9 per concert
- Subscriptions: Five-performance subscriptions are $36–$156 with prices varying widely based on seat choice. Three-performance subscriptions are $24–$105 with prices varying widely based on seat choice
- Membership: Friend $25–$99 or Basic Family $40. Benefits include advanced concert announcements and ticket ordering, discounts of up to 40%, group ticket discounts, early admission to concerts, eligibility to upgrade to Premium Seating. Supporter $100–$299. Benefits include all the Friend benefits, plus 2 “VIP” Admission Certificates to any concert for two of your guests, and complementary upgrade to Premium Seating. Benefactor $300–$999. Benefits include all of the Friend and Supporter benefits, plus personal ticket assistance, special assistance at the concerts, two free “general admission” season tickets, a free color poster signed by John Holloway and Predrag Gosta. Directors Circle $1,000 or more. Benefits include all of the Friend, Supporter, and Benefactor benefits, plus an invitation to dress rehearsals, a free CD released within one year of your membership, two free “premium seating” season tickets, NTB mug, invitation to dinners with the members of NTB, our guest artists, and our directors, John Holloway and Predrag Gosta.