The Newman Center for the Performing Arts, the official arts venue of the University of Denver, servers both the campus and the greater Denver community. The facility contains three performance spaces: the June Swaner Gates Concert Hall, Elizabeth Eriksen Byron Theatre, and the Frederick C. Hamilton Family Recital Hall. The Joy Burns Plaza serves as a public study and lounge area by day, and lobby area for the Center’s three performance venues at night.
The “Newman Center Presents” concert series features world-class music, dance, and theatre groups from across the nation and the globe. The Center also features performances by students of the University of Denver’s various performing arts programs, and numerous other local and regional groups.
Newman Center for the Performing Arts Information
- Public Transportation: Fair (accessible by RTD bus route 24)
- Handicapped Accessibility: Good
- Performances/Programs: Approximately 80 events annually
- Ticket Prices: Vary (free-$50) depending on event
- Subscriptions/Membership: None available.