Providing top drawer professional productions since 1984, North Carolina Theatre has earned a reputation for bringing Broadway’s biggest and best musicals to the area, with first rate style and panache. Producing shows each season at the Progress Energy Center, past NCT highlights have included lavish mountings of such audience favorites as Annie, The Producers, Camelot, and Hello Dolly!, frequently featuring the talents of name Broadway guest artists like Terrance Mann, Sharon Lawrence, Larry Gaitlin, Andrea McArdle, and Raleigh natives Lauren Kennedy and Clay Aiken.
As one of Raleigh’s main cultural arts centers, NCT’s community efforts include the North Carolina Theatre Conservatory, offering musical theatre fundamentals to students of all ages, and the Summer Theatre Arts School (STAS), providing further intensive training, on an audition basis, to talented local youth. Each year NCT hosts the Capital Awards, honoring the best in area high school theatre, with the winners selected to participate in the National High School Music Theatre Awards in New York City.
North Carolina Theatre Information
- Public Transportation: Good (a 2-minute walk from CTA bus 19 and Triangle Transit buses 301, 303, and 305 at South Street/Salisbury Street; and a 10-minute walk from several buses and the Amtrak at the Raleigh Amtrak Station)
- Handicapped Accessibility: Good
- Performances/Programs: 4-6 shows per season with multiple performances of each. Performance schedule is Tuesday–Sunday
- Ticket Prices: Tickets range from $16–$126 depending on show and seat selection. $15 student and educator tickets are available. Discounts available for groups of 10 or more
- Subscriptions: 6-show subscription ($130–$420); 5-show subscription ($25–$96); Student Preview Night Season subscription ($25). Subscriber benefits include ticket exchange, lost ticket replacement, priority renewal, and behind-the-scenes information through a subscription to the e-newsletter Stage Notes.