For almost 90 years, the Omaha Symphony has been a staple in the Midwestern arts scene, performing with high levels of artistry and daring programming. With more than 35 full-time players, the orchestra performs over 25 different programs each season including a Masterworks series, a Pops series, children’s and family concerts, and a number of delightful chamber concerts. Their popular “Symphony Rocks” series, which features orchestral versions of the catalogues of many famous mainstream artists, including The Eagles, Simon & Garfunkel, Paul McCartney and others.
The Symphony currently performs under the leadership of Music Director Thomas Wilkins, a highly-respected guest conductor for other orchestras across the country. Season tickets are available with a variety of benefits including the best seating, free subscriber concerts and flexible ticket exchanges. The Symphony also sponsors an award-winning educational series which includes in-school concerts, youth concerts and symposia.
- Public Transporation: Poor
- Handicapped Accessibility: Yes
- Performances/Programs: Approximately 60 performances per season, around 30 programs.
- Tickets: $15-75, student and senior discounts available.
- Group Discounts: p to 20% discounts for group/corporate sales.
- Subscription/Memberships: Subscriptions are available for the Masterworks Series, the Pops Series, Chamber Concerts, Family Series, Symphony Rocks and the Sights & Sounds series. Subscriptions start at around $80 for regular concerts, less for the Family Series. There are occasional large discounts for main floor tickets. Membership levels begin at $150 (“Symphony Society”).