Opera Omaha, once known as the Omaha Civic Opera Society, debuted with Madama Butterfly in 1958, and today the grand opera company puts on three to five productions a year (including, over the last two decades, a large number of world premieres). Opera Omaha has also found many creative ways to spread its love of opera with outreach programs that expose young people and underserved communities to the art form.
Opera Omaha Information
- Venues: Orpheum Theater (409 South 16th Street); Holland Performing Arts Center Peter Kiewit Concert Hall (13th and Douglas Streets); and The Rose Theater (2001 Farnam Street)
- Public Transportation: Excellent (all venues are easily accessible by several Metro buses that run Douglas Street, in and around the Downtown Transit Center)
- Handicapped Accessibility: Good at each venue
- Performances/Programs: 3–5 operas per season. Performance schedule is typically Friday–Sunday
- Ticket Prices: Range from $19–$99 depending on event, venue, and seating selection
- Group Discounts: Discounts are available for groups of 10 or more
- Subscription/Memberships: 2-opera ($34–$180) and 3-opera ($51–$270) season subscriptions are available. Subscriber benefits include discounts on additional single tickets for family and friends; free ticket exchange privileges; advance ticketing for bonus offerings; reciprocal offers for advance and discounted tickets to performances of Metro-area arts partners and some regional opera companies; a 10% discount coupon for purchases at the opera’s gift boutique; and priority discount tickets to the Metropolitan Opera’s “Live in HD” broadcasts at Film Streams.