Orlando Ballet is a modest regional company, which has a repertoire that includes standard classics, a bit of Latino flavor, and family friendly productions. They present their own original Nutcracker each year and their sassy, pop-infused “Battle of the Sexes” variety shows have received popular success.
Performances aside, the company is perhaps best known for its award-winning training academy. The Orlando Ballet School is housed in four different locations within Central Florida and accommodates over 1,250 students. It has, in multiple years, been named “Outstanding School” by the Youth America Grand Prix and it is the only ballet academy in the Southeast to be accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools.
Orlando Ballet Information
- Public Transportation: Excellent (a 4-minute walk from LYNX buses 3, 4, 7, 8, 11, 13, 15, 17, 18, 20, 21, 25, 28, 29, 36, 38, 40, 48, 49, 50, 51, 54, 102, 104, 105, 125, 204, 300, 313, 319, 441, and 1792 at the LYNX Central Station – North Garland Avenue/West Amelia Street)
- Handicapped Accessibility: Good
- Performances/Programs: 5 ballets per season with multiple performances of each. The company also tours to different venues in Orlando approximately 4 times per season
- Ticket Prices: $15–$90 depending on performance and seating selection
- Membership: Memberships are available, with several levels to choose from.