Nestled in the gorgeous grounds of Loch Haven Cultural Park, the Orlando Shakespeare Theatre is part of the Lowndes Center’s many artistic offerings. A sterling dramatic compan, OST offers much more than just the words of William Shakespeare. Producing six mainstage and three professional children’s productions each season, OST makes its art a year-round endeavor, with diverse titles ranging from the classical (The Merchant of Venice, Hamlet) to the classic (The Secret Garden, Pride and Prejudice) to Broadway musicals and vibrant world premieres.
Originally launched in 1989, OST has grown to become one of Orlando theatre’s leading cultural outlets, with further offerings including PlayFest, a ten day event celebrating new and developing scripts; The Greatest of the Greeks, a free Sunday night reading series of the classic tragedies; and a multi-level education program, offering extensive training and performance opportunities for students from kindergarten to masters candidates.
Orlando Shakespeare Theater Information
- Public Transportation: Bus stop is ¼ mile away from the theater
- Handicapped Accessible: Yes
- Hours: Performance schedule is Wednesday – Sunday
- Admission: Single tickets are $16 – $38. Theater For Young Audiences tickets are $10 .Special “Senior Matinee” price is $14. Students get a $5 discount when purchasing in advance. $10 Student Rush tickets sold 30 minutes before show. Discounts available for groups of 10 or more. Join e-mail list to receive special offers.
- Membership: Subscriptions: “Weekday Passport” $150, “Opening Night” $165, “Preview” $90, and “Senior Matinee” $78
- Other Benefits: Flex tickets available for $105 (3 tickets), $210 (6 tickets), and $420 (12 tickets)