Founded in 1968, the Pacific Chorale is made up of 140 professional-level singers and has long been under the musical direction of John Alexander. The group has toured internationally several times and collaborated with many international symphonies. The Pacific Chorale also has a 24-member ensemble, known as the John Alexander Singers, that specializes in chamber music.
Given that the group’s eclectic concerts feature everything from beloved holiday songs and hymns to great choral masterpieces and little-known classical works, it’s no wonder that the Pacific Chorale received the 2005 ASCAP Chorus America Alice Parker Award for adventurous programming. For an excellent primer on choral music, visit the “Discover Choral Music” section of the Pacific Chorale website.
Pacific Chorale Information
- Public Transportation: Good (easily accessible by buses 51, 76, 86, 145, 172, 173, 211, 216, 464, and 794 at the South Coast Plaza, which is across the street from the Center)
- Handicapped Accessibility: Good
- Performances/Programs: Five performances per season, plus special concert events
- Ticket Prices: $20–$140, discounts for students and seniors are available by phone
- Subscriptions: Three-concert subscriptions $45–$400, and five-concert subscriptions $90–$500, with prices varying based on seat selection. Students and seniors eligible for subscription discount. Subscriber benefits include 20% savings, seating priority, ticket exchanges, and 10% discount on additional single ticket purchases
- Membership: Yearly dues to join the Pacific Chorale Guild are $50 per individual/family. Guild benefits include newsletter subscription, priority invites to benefits and special events, and discounts on Guild-sponsored events.