In existence since 1974, the Palm Beach Symphony performs works both touted and more obscure by such venerated composers like Beethoven, Schubert, Ravel, and Poulenc. The orchestra seeks to engage audiences in fresh and accessible ways, such as playing in multiple venues throughout the community. It has offered distinctive concert experiences such as the live accompaniment of a silent film scored by composer Dmitri Shostakovich, at a 2010 performance, and social events such as its Dinner Cruise.
Palm Beach Symphony Information
- Public Transportation: Varies by venue
- Handicapped Accessibility: Depends on venue, but generally good
- Performances/Programs: 5 concerts per season
- Ticket Prices: Individual tickets are $50
- Subscriptions: 5-concerts subscription is $225
- Membership: 5 member levels are available. Member’s Circle ($1,500); Chairman’s Circle ($5,000); Founder’s Circle ($10,000); Patron’s Circle ($15,000); and Benefactor’s Circle ($25,000). Member benefits include invitations to the Kick-Off Cocktail Party at Club Colette; a 5-concert season subscription; invitations to pre- and post-concert suppers; and an invitation to the Dinner Cruise.