Some of the greatest stars of the American stage and screen have graced the stage of Paper Mill Playhouse, which, throughout its 70 year history, has given rise to some of the most memorable productions on the eastern seaboard. From its summer stock beginnings, boasting notable turns from the likes of Lillian Gish, Talullah Bankhead and Basil Rathbone, to acclaimed recent revivals of Gypsy starring Betty Buckley and Follies with Ann Miller, Paper Mill Playhouse has earned a reputation for being a worthy competitor to the best of New York’s theatre scene.
Presenting an annual season of big-budget musicals and familiar plays, Papermill’s yearly calendar also includes a children’s theatre series and a New Voice concert program, uniting leading Broadway performers with winners from Paper Mill’s Rising Star Awards (honoring outstanding talent from local high schools). The company’s renowned musical theatre conservatory offers ‘classes for all of life’s stages,’ and its New Works Initiative offers audiences the exciting opportunity to experience musicals in current development. Faced with the threat of bankruptcy in 2007, Paper Mill received an unprecedented show of state support when the township of Milburn voted to purchase the grounds and building for $9 million dollars, ensuring the continued encouragement of the Playhouse’s unique place in the cultural history of New Jersey.
Paper Mill Playhouse Information
- Public Transportation: Fair (requires five minute walk from train)
- Handicapped Accessible: Fully accessible
- Hours: Performance schedule is Wednesday through Sunday
- Admission: Single tickets are $25 – $92.$20 Student Rush tickets are available at the box office on the day of performance.20% discount for seniors (62+) available. 35% discount for veterans. Last-minute ticket discounts sometimes available through njartstix.org. During special “Family Week” dates, you can get children’s tickets for half-price when paying full-price for an adult ticket. Discounts available for groups of 10 or more
- Membership: 3-, 4-, and 5-show subscriptions available, as well as Family Packs and Flex Passes
- Other Benefits: Subscriber benefits include priority seating, unlimited free ticket exchange privileges, and 10% discount on additional single tickets