One of Minneapolis’s greatest theatrical success stories, the Park Square has grown from humble beginnings to become one of the top professional companies in the Twin Cities. Bringing together regional premieres of new works from the UK and New York, with rarely produced classics, and adaptations from the best in world literature, the Park Square is known for presenting drama that is challenging but accessible.
Recent productions have included the first area productions of the musical Grey Gardens, Tom Stoppard’s London smash, Rock’n Roll and Lisa Kron’s acclaimed Off Broadway hit, Well. Future plans for this ambitious troupe include a $4.2 million campaign for a new theatre space that will house two stages, hosting over 18 productions a year.
Park Square Theatre Information
- Public Transportation: Very Good (a short walk from Metro Transit buses 3, 21, 54, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 67, 70, 74, and 852, and MVTA buses 480, 484, and 489 at Wabasha Street North/6th Street)
- Handicapped Accessibility: Good
- Performances/Programs: Approximately 10 shows per season with multiple performances of each
- Ticket Prices: $15–$68, discounts for groups of 10 or more
- Subscriptions: 6-Pack series $198–$258; 6-Pack Preview series $114; 3-Pack series $102–$135. Subscriber benefits include parking discounts for the Lawson Commons Ramp; guaranteed seats; $10 off additional tickets; free ticket exchange; ticket insurance; priority seating and first choice for upgrades in future seasons; waived processing fees and special renewal rates in future season; and more.