A developmental theatre company focusing on the works of local writers, Passage Theatre’s adventurous productions push boundaries and use the arts as a palpable bridge of connection to the diverse communities of downtown Trenton. Housed at the historic Mill Hill Playhouse, the company’s annual line-up includes a three-show mainstage featuring new dramas, comedies, and musicals, as well as a popular Solo Flights series highlighting one-person plays. The troupe exercises its goal for social awareness through its Greening Festival (exploring plays dealing with the environment) and with its acclaimed Trenton Lights, a celebration of the unique heritage of local New Jersey. A Playwright’s Lab developmental reading and workshop series furthers Passage Theatre’s commitment to the encouragement of emerging playwrights, while its State Street Theatre Project, Anti-Violence Arts Initiative, and Community Performance programs keep the arts an active, vital presence within the community itself.
Passage Theatre Company Information
- Public Transportation: Good
- Handicapped Accessible: Yes
- Admission: Single tickets are $20 – $30. Student tickets are $10. Seniors (64+) qualify for a 10% discount on tickets. Discounts available for groups of 10 or more
- Membership: Become a member and get tickets to 6 productions for $90
- Other Benefits: Member benefits include 20-40% discount on additional single tickets, invitations to special events such as readings and post-show discussions, and “exchange-free theatre” (i.e. no need to choose dates far in advance – just call during the show’s run and tell them when you want to attend)