(June 1 – August 5, 2012) Founded in 1992, the Pennsylvania Shakespeare Festival is a professional theatre company in residence at DeSales University. Each summer, PSF produces a season of Shakespeare and other classics, musical theatre, and children’s shows. Located about an hour north of Philadelphia and less than two hours from Manhattan, the festival is a summer home to approximately 150 artists from around the U.S., including winners and nominees of the Tony, Obie, Emmy, Drama Desk, Outer Critics Circle, Jefferson, and Barrymore awards. With more than 200 performances of six full productions annually, the festival attracts as many as 30,000 theatergoers from 20 states. (MP)
Pennsylvania Shakespeare Festival Information
- Public Transportation: Poor
- Handicapped Accessibility: Good
- Performances/Programs: 7 shows per season, with multiple performances of each, including Shakespeare for Kids, which takes one of the shows for that season and designs it especially for children ages 4–10
- Ticket Prices: $12–$55 depending on show, date, and seating selection. Student and Senior discounts are available. $10 Student Rush tickets are available 30 minutes prior to each performance. Tickets for Shakespeare for Kids are $9
- Subscriptions: 5-show ($150–$200); 4-show ($124–$172); 3-show ($96–$135), with prices varying by date. Flex Packages – 4-flex ($178); 6-flex ($264); 8-flex ($348). Subscribers receive priority opportunity for premium seats and free ticket exchange.