The Performing Arts Series (PAS) at Johnson County Community College (JCCC) is a major cultural fixture in the Kansas City area, having brought locally, nationally, and internationally renowned artists to venues around the JCCC campus for over two decades. Events range from chamber music concerts to world-class vocal performances, lectures and spoken word to comedy, modern dance to classic Broadway theatre and more.
In addition to its programming, the PAS commissions new works from visiting artists, playing a key role in assisting the growth of emerging artists and their work. The Series also plays a major role in arts education in the area, offering a broad selection of opportunities for local youth (and artistically-inclined kids of all ages) including master classes, interactive workshops, daytime in-school performances and offsite artist visits, campus youth and early education classes, and continuing development classes.
Performing Arts Series, Johnson County Community College Information
- Venues: Yardley Hall, Polsky Theatre, The Bodker Black Box Theatre, and the Recital Hall, all located in the Carlsen Center
- Public Transportation: Very Good (steps from ‘The JO’ buses 575, 660, 665, 672, and 710 at the JCCC Carlsen Center)
- Handicapped Accessibility: Good
- Performances/Programs: Approximately 30 programs per season, with between 1-3 performances of each (usually only one)
- Ticket Prices: Varies ($20–$200) depending on event and seating
- Subscriptions: Packages of five or more performances available at a 10% discount. Additional 5% discount available to members (Friends)
- Membership: Individual membership starts at $50 annually. Benefits include priority seating, ticket discounts (see above), invitations to special events, advance ticket purchase options and more.