Located in downtown Reno, the Pioneer Center for the Performing Arts is the heart of the Reno arts scene. Most of the city’s major arts organizations, including the Reno Philharmonic and the Nevada Opera, perform at this 1,500-seat venue. The Pioneer Center also hosts Broadway Comes To Reno!, a series that brings in Broadway national tours of popular musicals like Avenue Q and Cats (and a season subscription to the series can get you tickets to five of these shows for less than $200).
Pioneer Center for the Performing Arts Information
- Public Transportation: Fair (accessible by bus)
- Handicapped Accessibility: Yes
- Performances/Programs: Schedules vary. Broadway Comes To Reno! shows play Friday–Sunday
- Admission: Single ticket prices vary from around $20 to $75, depending upon the event. Broadway Comes to Reno! series tickets are $40-$78
- Subscription/Memberships: Many companies that perform at the Pioneer Center, such as Broadway Comes to Reno!, the Reno Philharmonic, Nevada Opera, and the Reno Concerts series, offer their own season subscriptions.