Founded in 1990 with the aim of creating a professional company featuring the best in local talent, PMT and its Rauh Conservatory Program is an emerging company with an eye on creating an affordable alternative to the larger (and admittedly more large scale) civic theatres in the Pittsburg area. Typically producing a three show season, Pittsburgh Musical Theatre’s past offerings have included a nice mix of classic and contemporary Broadway with a slant towards family favorites like Annie, Godspell and The Sound of Music.
Pittsburgh Musical Theater Information
- Other Venues: Byham Theater, 101 Sixth Street; New Hazlett Theater, Allegheny Square E.
- Public Transportation: Good (easily accessible by bus)
- Handicapped Accessibility: Good
- Performances/Programs: Performance schedule is Thursday–Sunday
- Ticket Prices: $23–$39, half-price student tickets available, discounts available for groups of 10 or more, New Hazlett Theater Series single tickets $10–$20
- Subscriptions: Byham Theater Four-Show $60–$99, students/kids $30; New Hazlett Theater $30, students/kids $15.