The Portland Chamber Orchestra is, today, one of America’s oldest and most respected chamber orchestras. The ensemble was founded in 1947 by Boris Sirpo and was initially composed of entirely Lewis & Clark College music students. Since then, the orchestra has expanded to its current makeup of professionals from all around the Northwest. Numerous conductors have stood at the PSO podium including John Trudeau, Paul Bellam, Sylvan Fremaux, Charles Schneider and today, Yaacov Bergman. The group performs at Kaul Auditorium at Reed College and at Venetian Theatre in Hillsboro, OR. Repertoire in any given season ranges from Classical classics, rarely heard Renaissance works, new music by respected composers and everything in between.
Portland Chamber Orchestra Information
- Public Transportation: Depends on venue. Max train to Reed College.
- Handicapped Accessible: Yes
- Venues: Kaul Auditorium, The Venetian
- Performances/Programs: Approx. 10 performances per season.
- Ticket Prices: $25
- Group Discounts: Groups of eight or more people receive special discounted prices for all of our concerts. For larger groups, complimentary tickets are offered to the group organizer and bus driver.
- Subscriptions: Season tickets available for the 3-4 season programs
- Group Discounts: $5 off individual tickets for groups.