Quality Hill Playhouse presents six musicals and cabaret revues each year in a relaxed atmosphere in its intimate, 153-seat theatre; the Kansas City Star has compared attending a performance here to “being invited into someone’s home.” Employing local talent, the Playhouse is dedicated to excellence in the performance of musical theatre and revues featuring the best of the American Songbook. Sample fare includes Pete ’n’ Keely, Noël and Gertie, and revues celebrating the work of Rodgers & Hart, Comden & Green, and Kander & Ebb. J. Kent Barnhart serves as pianist and emcee for the revues, offering little-known facts about the music as well as humorous anecdotes. (MP)
Quality Hill Playhouse Information
- Public Transportation: Good (steps from buses 101, 102, and 106 at West 10th Street/Central Street; a short walk from buses 47 and 129 at West 10th Street/Broadway Street; and a 2-minute walk from buses 12, 25, 108, and 129 at West 11th Street/Central Street)
- Handicapped Accessibility: Good
- Performances/Programs: 6 shows per season with multiple performances of each
- Ticket Prices: Single tickets $29 (Students/Seniors $26). $5 ticket exchange available
- Group Discounts: Groups of 10–24 ($26); Groups of 25+ ($24); Matinee tickets are $16 each for groups of 10 or more
- Subscriptions: Full Season and Flex subscriptions are available only by calling the box office. Season tickets may be exchanged free of charge.