This company was founded in the summer of 1969, as an outlet for talented high school and college students, by Robert J. Eagle, a Waltham Public Schools teacher and administrator. In 1984, the company hired its first Equity actor under a Guest Artist agreement. Now a year-round producing organization, Reagle operates under a Letter of Agreement with Actors’ Equity each summer and reverts to Guest Artist status for performances from September to June.
Throughout the company’s existence, its goal has been to recreate the original Broadway productions of classic musicals as closely as possible, from design elements to choreography and direction. Reagle also presents musical revues featuring local performers and guest artists. In 2003, the company inaugurated a Celebrity Concert Series that has showcased such talents as Robert Goulet, Ann-Margret, Debbie Reynolds, and Patti LuPone.
Reagle Music Theatre of Greater Boston Information
- Public Transportation: Fair (a 4-minute walk from bus 70A at Lexington Street/Waltham High School)
- Handicapped Accessibility: Good
- Performances/Programs: 2 Summer Musicals and 4 Musical Revues per season with multiple performances of each. Additionally, Reagle presents 2-3 Celebrity Concerts per season
- Ticket Prices: $35–$57 depending on seat selection. Youth (5-18) can purchase $25 tickets for any section. Seniors (60+) receive a $2 discount on tickets. Waltham Nights(Friday or Saturday evening performances) Waltham residents receive a 10% discount. Student Rush tickets (half-price) are available one hour before curtain
- Group Discounts: Groups of 10 or more receive discounted tickets
- Age Guidelines: Children under 5 are not permitted in the theatre.