Repeatedly dubbed Reno’s “Best Performing Arts Group” by the readers of the Reno Gazette-Journal, the Reno Philharmonic is comprised of more than 60 professional musicians. Music director Laura Jackson and the orchestra perform in Reno, Carson Valley, and the Lake Tahoe region in both indoor and outdoor venues. The Reno Philharmonic Association has a strong educational component, which brings music to children through the “Discover Music” school program, “Young People’s Concerts,” youth orchestras, and free after-school music instruction.
Reno Philharmonic Information
- Public Transportation: Fair (accessible by bus)
- Handicapped Accessibility: Yes
- Performances/Programs: MasterClassics Series season is September-April. The Phil also performs around 10 specialty concerts (e.g. July 4 and Christmas concerts). Performances are usually on Sundays and Tuesdays
- Admission: Single tickets start at $28. Senior discounts available. $8 student rush tickets sold a half hour before performance. Join the Phil Phan Club email list to receive notification of special offers
- Subscription/Memberships: Prices start at $139 for a 6-concert series. Subscription discounts may be available for seniors and first-time subscribers. Donations are welcome, and at the $100 level and above the donor receives a program guide listing and invitations to open rehearsals.