(EDITOR’S NOTE: On March 12, 2012, the Reprise Theatre Company announced the immediate cancellation of the remainder of its 2011-12 season, citing shortfalls in fundraising, subscriptions and single ticket sales. The company’s future is unknown; the contact information above is accurate as of this writing.)
Originally modeled along the lines of the Encores! series at New York’s City Center, Reprise was founded to present semi-staged concert versions of classic musicals, but over the first several years of its existence, the shows became more and more fully realized. Now the company offers fully staged and designed productions of such shows as Carousel, How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying, Once On This Island, and I Love My Wife, often with star-filled casts, as well as solo concerts by such musical theater favorites as Kristin Chenoweth, Brian Stokes Mitchell, Audra McDonald, and Ben Vereen. Reprise also presents staged readings and special events, and is known for its education and outreach programs.
Reprise Theatre Company Information
- Public Transportation: Good (a 3-minute walk from Metro buses 2, 302, 305, and 761 at Hilgard Avenue/Charing Cross Road. Also accessible by Big Blue Buses 1, 2, 3, 8, 11, and 12 at the UCLA Terminal)
- Handicapped Accessibility: Good
- Performances/Programs: Performance schedule is Tuesday–Sunday
- Ticket Prices: Single tickets are $60–$75. Ticketmaster discounts are often available. No ticket exchanges for non-subscribers
- Subscriptions: Four-Show packages $220–$260. Benefits include ticket exchanges, lost-ticket insurance, and new tickets issued for missed shows.