Richmond Ballet began in 1957 as a performance outlet for local dance enthusiasts. By 1984, the company had gained full professional status, becoming the first professional ballet company in the Commonwealth of Virginia. They give over 50 performances of six productions each year and draw from a repertoire that includes a range of classic story ballets, some 20th century works, and regular commissions from contemporary ballet choreographers.
Richmond Ballet Information
- Other Venues: The Carpenter Theatre at Richmond CenterStage (600 East Grace Street, Richmond)
- Public Transportation: Fair
- Handicapped Accessibility: Yes
- Performance/Programs: Performance schedules vary.
- Admission: Single tickets are $15-$125. $20 tickets available for full-time college students to select performances.
- Group Discounts: Discounts available for groups of 10 or more.
- Subscription/Memberships: 6-show “Director’s Choice Series” subscriptions are $152-$500. 5-show “Premiere Series” subscriptions are $126-$400. 4-show “Studio Series” subscription are $100-$300. 2-show “Classic Series” subscriptions are $52-$200. Subscriber benefits include ticket exchanges and lost ticket insurance. The 4-voucher Flex Pack for Studio performances is $100.