The Richmond Symphony has brought a unique cultural experience to Central Virginia for more than 50 years. The orchestra employs more than 30 full-time musicians, plus a number of part-time players, and their performances reach nearly 125,000 patrons annually. The symphony’s educational programs reach over 35,000 school children every year through masterclasses and in-school performances.
Hot on the tuxedo tails of many of the nation’s leading orchestras, the ensemble has garnered seven awards for adventurous programming from ASCAP (American Society of Composers, Authors and Publishers) and continues to expand its exciting repertoire through classical programming and various pops concerts, including a series for children and the “Metro Series” with chamber orchestra concerts in a number of venues in the Richmond area. Generous subscription packages are available and $7 student rush tickets are certainly a bargain!
Richmond Symphony Information
- Public Transportation: Varies by venue
- Handicapped Accessibility: Yes
- Performance/Programs: Concerts are generally on Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays.
- Admission: Single tickets are $17-$75. Discount pricing available for children (under 18) and seniors (65+). $7 Rush Tickets available to full-time college students.
- Group Discounts: Discounts available for groups of 8 or more.
- Subscription/Memberships: Several subscription series available, starting at $87 for the “Pops” series and starting at $154 for the “Masterworks” series. Subscriber benefits include priority seating and free ticket exchanges. Children’s subscription discounts available.